Experienced on artificial intelligence, voice recognition, speech-to-text, translation, NLP/NLU, sentiment analysis and augmented reality.
April 2018 to Present
- Lead and develop a hassle-free easy WiFi setup solution for Epson products
- Lead and develop a low-cost reading assistant for deaf people by utilizing Epson products, Alexa and Google AI service.
- Leaded and developed a speech translation system by utilizing Google STT and AutoML translation and MS custom translation cloud service. It comes with client and server solution; the system is used in Epson internally.
- Researched offline voice interface embedded solution, such as Sensory, Nuance, CMU PocketSphinx, Snowboy and so on.
- Leaded to use Wikitude Augmented Reality SDK to develop AR feature for Moverio
- Leaded to develop a Rockwell AOI (Add-On Instructions) plugin for Epson robotics
- Leaded to analysis Google, Microsoft, Amazon and IBM Speech-to-Text quality
April 2017 to April 2018
- Developed a conversional user interface POC for Moverio, an Android based head mount display device, it uses voice to control the system.
- Leaded and developed a review system by using NLP/NLU, Google and MS cognitive services to find out how customers say about Epson or competitors’ products pros and cons. Epson use this system to improve product quality.
- Leaded to develop a POC for Alexa skill, Google Home smart speaker app for Epson printer.
- Leaded to develop a POC for centralized agency with the same interface / server to support personal assistants for Epson products, such as Google Assistant, Facebook Messenger, Alexa
- ISV (Induvial software venders) and developer support for Epson printer, scanner, head mount display (HMD) and sport watch.
April 2015 to April 2017
- Leaded to develop Chatbot by using API.AI (Google Dialogflow), Microsoft LUIS for developer Q&A service
- Developed Unity plugin to enhance Moverio HMD features
- Worked with LSB group to define new Linux Standard Base library, and make sure that the SANE scanner application project can work on LSB as well.
- Implemented network interface support for Epson SANE project
- Worked with Google Android printing group and for Android OS.
- Worked with TWAIN Working Group to define TWAIN Direct and TWAIN protocol
- Worked with Mopria Alliance to define a new protocol for Android device print/scan drive free solution.
September 2001 to March 2015
- Developed a pure Java Android application for EPSON printer/scanner & wearable device, the purpose is to let it work on all Android device, no matter ARM or Intel Atom processor.
- Developed iOS mobile software for network scanner/printer, also experienced on cloud solution.
- Defined/designed spec and implementing for new Cocoa-based TWAIN and ICA (Image Capture Architecture) structure to let both work together for next generation EPSON scanner driver.
- Developed Cocoa-based universal binary ICA scanner driver and adding new features for Leopard (OS 10.5), such as 16/48-bit image, Bonjour (Zero Configuration Networking) Scan, USM (Unsharp Masking), De-screening, dust removal image processing, color restoration, backlight correction, convert negative film to positive, image interpolation, shrink redundant image and so on.
- Fined tune image processing performance, such as improved preview image update performance by using layer concept, image rotation performance.
- Created ICC profile for color correction, also created color matrix data to correct image quality without using ICC profile.
- Developed one source code to support all Epson scanners, and easy to extend to support new model or features w/o touch source code, update a data file instead. The advantage is it’s individual for every scanner, it reduces to test and debug all scanners if adding new models
- Developed Universal Binary code, such as ICA driver and related application projects. It includes several modules in code, such as image processing modules, device driver modules and so on.
Teamed work with Apple to develop the first ICA scanner driver on the market, it’s an inbox driver on OS X since Tiger (10.3) and one driver to support all EPSON USB/FireWire scanners/AIOs.
- Transferred CodeWarrior to Xcode projects, and CFM-based to Mach-O-based code
- Developed TWAIN DS, low layer interface driver (USB, FireWire, SCSI and Network) and other utilities with localization for Mac OS X, it’s the first TWAIN DS to support Mac OS X on the market. The low layer interface driver and scanner control layer both are cross platforms code, it can run on both Windows/Mac.
Scanning multiple images with different resolution, image type and position but calibration once only.
A fast scanning method for auto-detecting 35mm slides with slide tray
Multiple images auto detection scanning method with frame holders.